Friday, August 8, 2008

A Miracle on Temple Square

Bro Bill Morgan from Oregon asked me (Jennifer Johnson) to post this. This is an email I received from him today (Jan 16, 2008): Dear Missionaries Serving at Temple Square: I would like to thank the wonderful missionaries who serve and have served at temple square. This past year my 15 year old son and I visited temple square. We have been there many times and we are very active members of the church. As we left the presentation at the statue of Christ, sister missionaries asked if we would like to tour a presentation on the eternal family. I declined because I did not want to waste the missionaries time as I am already an active member of the church. However, the sisters continued to encourage me. As my son and I worked our way through the presentation I was moved with the strong impression that I was to encourage my legal assistant and her husband in Oregon to visit temple square and see this presentation. My assistant had shown interest in the church but was discouraged because her husband would not support further study and involvement in the church. Upon my return to Oregon I mentioned my desire to my assistant. She said that she would talk to her husband about the possibility of travel on a vacation to visit Utah. However, she was skeptical that he would go. If he did go, she did not feel that it would make a difference. To my pleasant suprise he agreed to go. They arranged for babysitters and flew down. They stayed near temple square and spent much of two days touring. This experience softened his heart. Upon his return he announced that he and his family would like to be baptised. Now he, his wife and 13 year old son are members of the church. There remain three other little boys in their family still in primary that are now attending church. I am certain that they too will one day be baptized. Yesterday I received following e-mail from this sister a portion which I have enclosed below: "So as the happiest day of my life is winding down, I thought I would drop you a few lines to let you know how eternally grateful I am. I have only been a member of the church for eleven hours and already I am wondering how I have made it this far in my life without the teachings of the gospel. I am just so thankful that I have found it all now while my kids are still young so I can raise them with the morals and values that the church teaches. Living life without the gospel is a bit like being stuck in the mud... and for many years I've been wondering if and when the sun will come out. Finally, today it has. Before today I was wondering if I would feel different once I was baptized and confirmed and its really strange but I do feel very different in a way that I could never explain. I felt it instantly. I just feel so excited for the future and so..... so Happy. And for the first time ever I feel like I belong. It is a really good feeling. Well, I better take my happy, thankful self to bed now. Good night." Thank you for going on a mission and thank you for teaching the gospel to the many visitors who come to temple square from all over the world. Bill Morgan Salem, Oregona

This article is from http://www.mission.net/utah/salt-lake-city/temple-square/stories.php?sID=1337

No comments:

About Me

我是在1996年12月29日受洗加入耶穌基督後期聖徒教會. 我在此留下我對這復興的福音的見證,我知道約瑟斯密確實是神的先知; 藉由約瑟斯密,神復興了耶穌基督的教會即耶穌基督後期聖徒教會; 摩爾門經是耶穌基督的另一部約書,與聖經共同見證耶穌是基督.而我們今日仍有一位活著的先知,多馬孟蓀會長 I joined the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints on December 29, 1996. I know that Joseph Smith was and is a prophet of God. The Book of Mormon is indeed Another Testament of Jesus Christ. We have a living prophet today, even President Thomas S. Monson.

Blog Archive