Tuesday, February 19, 2008

AM I Really That GOOD?!?!?!


Whoa!!!!!

I got a request from my friend to translate a document from Chinese to English for official use. During the translation, I seek help from my American friend for proofreading via MSN. While chatting, we talked about the name of the applicant and wondered if she's someone we both might know or at least my friend knew her. Yet, my friend said that he didn't know many Chinese who can't speak English. Then an interesting conversation went on as follows,

A: She might be a perfectionist or she just doesn't speak perfect English since it's not her native tongue. Besides, it's a formal document, and that may be the reason why she's looking for someone professional to translate that document.

B:Could be.

A: Otherwise, how can she communicate with her fiancee?

B: True.

A: Unless he speaks perfect Chinese, but if so, he then can write his own document.

B: Yeah

A: Did I just said someone
professional to translate the document...am I that good
??? (I was flattered by my own words and felt a little bit embarrassed.)

Anyway, I'll give all the credit to my dear Heavenly Father who blesses me with all the talents I have.


No comments:

About Me

我是在1996年12月29日受洗加入耶穌基督後期聖徒教會. 我在此留下我對這復興的福音的見證,我知道約瑟斯密確實是神的先知; 藉由約瑟斯密,神復興了耶穌基督的教會即耶穌基督後期聖徒教會; 摩爾門經是耶穌基督的另一部約書,與聖經共同見證耶穌是基督.而我們今日仍有一位活著的先知,多馬孟蓀會長 I joined the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints on December 29, 1996. I know that Joseph Smith was and is a prophet of God. The Book of Mormon is indeed Another Testament of Jesus Christ. We have a living prophet today, even President Thomas S. Monson.

Blog Archive