Sunday, May 11, 2008

Conference Experiences

Conference Experiences


Comments sent to the Ensign about general conference.

Click here to view a photo gallery with additional photos from conference weekend that we were unable to include in the Church magazines.

I was so impressed with the way Elder Holland spoke with such confidence and eloquence. He was very helpful in assisting members of the church to address questions and problems faced by non-members. The Spirit he had with him was very strong and sure. It is such a blessing to know that they are aware of the current situation of the world and how well they address them.
Kristy and Simon C., Utah, USA

Conference was wonderful as always. I always feel recharged by the end of it. I think my most favorite part of this conference was during Pres. Monson’s closing remarks. He showed a personal side that was funny, personal and quite relatable. I could feel his love for me. I could tell and feel the changes in his speech from that of counselor to Prophet. I am grateful for a wonderful man to be our Prophet. Someone who can be serious yet funny, just like President Hinckley. That was something I so enjoyed in him and I am thrilled to see that carried on in this new presidency. I feel like I know him personally and that he knows me. I sustain him whole-heartedly and look forward to his leadership for many more years to come.
Karen H., California, USA

It is always a spiritual re-charge to watch General Conference. I was happy to listen to our new Prophet, President Monson. I could sense that the mantle has been passed to him, as his normal loving kindness seemed to be amplified. I enjoyed the many talks and choirs which filled my home with the spirit. I am looking forward to where President Monson leads the Lord's people.
Laurie E., Utah, USA

This conference was the most spiritual and incredible conference I have ever been a part of. There was a special spirit present as we each sustained our new prophet, Pres. Thomas S. Monson. As I stood, in my home, to raise my right arm to the square, I felt as if I was personally in the Lord's presence and affirming that "Yes, Thomas S. Monson is truly a prophet of God." His messages were especially sweet and moving. I felt as if I was part of a Zion community. My felt my testimony strengthened ten fold.
Dawn K., Utah, USA

Well I can't say enough about how I felt at this Conference. The spirit was so strong I was able to watch in my home and I could feel it all around me. I haven't been very active lately and watching Pres. Monson welcoming me back into the fold really made me feel like he was talking right to me I was so please with all the talks . Heavenly Father was speaking through them and I could really feel it. I know that I am not perfect and I have a lot of things that I need to repent of but I really felt that I need to go back to church so that I can be fed and start fresh. I just couldn't get enough of the Conference this time. I have already gone back on the internet to listen again. I am hoping to attend my Ward next week.
Jeanne U.

Well, my wife and I decided we needed to be better Parents, turn off the video games and TV and take a more active spiritual role in raising our children. I love what the Apostles and Prophets teach us. We have been so blessed in our lives and knowing that we can strive to continue the tradition of Faith makes us very happy and blessed.
Timothy and Jennifer H., Texas, USA

A most unique and historic occasion to all be able to participate in the Solemn Assembly together as a family. My wife who had never participated did not understand at first what was happening. The opportunity to be able to sustain President Thomas S. Monson, President Henry B. Eyring and President Uchtdorf was a most spiritual and uplifting experience, particularly when you realized this was happening all over the world. I am going through Chemotherapy and Radiation for Pancreatic Cancer and our two Sons from Kaysville Utah and Denver Colorado (with two of our Grandsons) arrived at our door to attend General Priesthood Meeting with me. What a joyous surprise and treat to have them with me on this unique and historic occasion.
Odell L., Colorado, USA

As I stood with the Elders, High Priests, Patriarchs, etc, and than again with the entire membership of the church to sustained our prophet and president, President Thomas S. Monson, I felt joy and tears came streaming down my face. The feeling I felt when I sustained President Monson will always stay with me, to testify that Pres. Monson is a prophet of our Heavenly Father.
Matthew S., Utah, USA

I am the YW president in my ward and we challenged the girls to listen to ALL of the conference sessions and we participated as leaders as well. I felt incredibly blessed to attend the YW broadcast and I look forward to the 4 general sessions every six months with great anticipation! I took 27 pages of notes in my journal and loved every talk--I can't wait for the printed Ensign so I can read a few in particular right away!
Elaine V., USA

It seems the older I get, the better and more applicable general conference gets.

I loved how they had every person who got sustained stand up. As well as having every member of the church stand up. I gained a better testimony of how the apostles and leaders of the church are truly inspired by the Lord, there were so many talks that I felt I could apply to. President Monson's last talk was where I felt the spirit confirm to me that he truly is a prophet of God and is the new president of the church. I could feel his love for the members of the church as well as his humbleness as he said "I will pray for you, please pray for me."

I liked Elder Wirthlin's talk as he talked about being weary, he said that all have felt tired at one time. He gave examples of Joseph Smith, this gave me comfort as I realized that with all that Joseph Smith has done if he could keep doing his best, so could I.

President Monson's talk from Sunday Morning talked about how we can win the war and need not fear, that God will comfort us. I felt that this was his way of saying President Hinckley's statement, "Keep trying, keep praying, things will work out they always do."

The last talk that I liked was Elder Bednar's talk. He said that we need God's help in surrendering ourselves to him. I liked it because he is saying that we need to ask for his help to follow his will. As I've come to give my life to the Lord, I can feel how true this statement is.

During this conference I have felt the Lord's love for each of his apostles and leaders of the church and a confirming testimony that they really are true disciples of the Lord.

From this conference I am going to work on saying better prayers, forgiving more, live to my full stature, and continually work on gaining a stronger testimony.
Amber H., Utah, USA

After Conference, my husband and I both mentioned the fact that we felt the same Spirit that we did with President Hinckley when President Monson was sustained. It confirmed in our hearts that President Monson is the true President of our Church and a prophet of God. We were very grateful for that confirmation.
Lauren W., Massachusetts, USA

Three weeks ago in teaching a Sunday School lesson I used a quote from Elder D. Todd Christofferson's Oct. 2002 talk wherein he cited John 15:1-2, about the Father purging (refining, purifying) the branches that bring forth good fruit, and had the sudden impression, "He will be the new apostle." I remember that in the talk, he said, "Sometimes I tremble to think what form the purging may take," and how that comforted me at the time. It happened again while teaching this class--the realization that our trials are intended to purify and strengthen us, to make us "fit for the kingdom."

I appreciated Elder Christofferson's thoughts in 2002 when I first heard them, and then again last month, and feel almost overwhelmed that the Lord would give me confirmation IN ADVANCE that he was called to the apostleship by God. It also strengthened in my mind the knowledge that all our leaders are called by God, and makes me more willing and determined to heed their words.
Kathie S., Utah, USA

I loved this General Conference. To be able to raise your hand to sustain a prophet is so amazing it can bring you to tears. I am so blessed to have the opportunity to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I have learned so much! I really like the talk given by Elder W. Craig Zwick. and by President Craig C. Christensen. They talked about how Satan makes things that are wrong to look good. If we are not sure of what is right or wrong we can turn to the Lord for guidance and he will help us to choose the right. We can also always rely on the Holy Ghost to confirm thing unto us.
Matthew A., Canada

What an amazing Conference! The spirit was so strong. I'm getting teary-eyed just thinking about it.

Sustaining a New President was wonderful and awe inspiring.

The spirit was so strong the entire conference. Even in Florida, you could feel the Holy Ghost bearing witness that the Gospel in its fulness is here upon the earth and the Priesthood to govern and direct the saints is held by the men.

I was especially impressed with the love and the tenderness afforded women in general and Mother's in particular. As a mother, I have 3 children and 4 grandchildren. As a woman in Zion, I have 30 primary children to love and care for and teach as their Primary President.

I cannot wait for my Ensign to arrive in the mail. I want to relive the entire event. Thank you for the opportunity to express my feelings and to feel the Spirit bear witness to me again of the awesome power of the Priesthood and the good men who honor their callings.

This conference was a particularly memorable one for my family me. We were able to watch as the priesthood members of the family stood in honor during the solemn assembly. My dad, a convert, was able to stand and acknowledge his priesthood duties for all to see; he stood their beaming, knowing of the duty that he holds and the honor that comes from being a righteous priesthood holder. Our family was touched to see his respect for something so sacred and honorable, and we began to cry again as my youngest brother stood to honor his priesthood, something that came from being raised in a home where the gospel has been lived and taught. As a member of the Relief Society, and a Relief Society President myself, I was honored to be included in that recognition, and honored to sustain a new Prophet. This conference was one never to be forgotten!
Mallory Anne L., Washington, USA
Mallory Anne L., Idaho, USA

As I sustained Pres Monson I felt an overwhelming spirit. It was the neatest thing to watch all of my family one by one sustain him as our prophet. There was a neat spirit in our home and I didn't want the moment to be over with. I felt very blessed to be able to stand and sustain him. At that moment I knew that he was our Prophet at this time. This conference blessed my life and strengthened my testimony of living prophets and apostles. I feel blessed to be a part of this Church living at this time when we have prophets to council us and give us guidance.
Nicole W., Utah, USA


I was thrilled to be able to stand with the entire church body and sustain President Monson as prophet and President of the Church. As the Priesthood stood I looked over at my husband and the thought came to me that "those that are for you are more than those that are against you." It is comforting to know that the Priesthood brotherhood is strong and supportive of each other and no matter where you go in the world the are many there "for you."

I also spiritually saw the mantle of a prophet rest on Pres. Monson as he spoke on Sunday Morning. It was an overwhelming feeling. I have heard Pres. Monson speak many times but this time was definitely different. He spoke as a prophet of God and as the President of the Church pleading with the Lord's people. It was a strong witness to me and a great strength to my testimony.
Nancy M., Georgia, USA

After sustaining President Thomas S. Monson as President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and during the sustaining of the rest of the general and area authorities, auxiliaries and local leaders I felt a warm, comforting feeling in my heart.

I am most impressed with the humility of the Prophet, and his request for prayers touched me deeply.

After watching conference, I feel impressed to be more diligent in temple work, both for my own kindred dead but to help others who are searching for their ancestors.

This conference was wonderfully uplifting and I feel spiritually fed!
Sharon B., California, USA

During the solemn assembly, I felt so privileged, humbled and grateful to be able to participate from my home and to stand and raise my hand to sustain our new prophet, President Monson. It brought tears to my eyes when my son, who just recently turned 12, was able to stand with the Aaronic Priesthood and my daughter with the young women to do the same. The sweetness of the spirit that confirmed to my heart that Thomas S. Monson is the man the Lord wants at the head of His church today was so strong! There is no doubt in my mind as to the divinity of his sacred calling.
Maridee H., New Mexico, USA

I have three boys and my husband had Drill weekend, which means he was not going to be able to attend conference, so print a booklet for the boys to keep them busy, we stayed at home, that moment when it was ask to sustain President Monson as Prophet, Seer and Revelator, A strong feeling came over me and I felt the Holy ghost testifying that this is a man of God.

My boys felt the Spirit too, and know that moment it was very important for them to witness.
Carolina S., Texas, USA

Official Web site of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
© 2008 Intellectual Reserve, Inc. All rights reserved.

No comments:

About Me

我是在1996年12月29日受洗加入耶穌基督後期聖徒教會. 我在此留下我對這復興的福音的見證,我知道約瑟斯密確實是神的先知; 藉由約瑟斯密,神復興了耶穌基督的教會即耶穌基督後期聖徒教會; 摩爾門經是耶穌基督的另一部約書,與聖經共同見證耶穌是基督.而我們今日仍有一位活著的先知,多馬孟蓀會長 I joined the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints on December 29, 1996. I know that Joseph Smith was and is a prophet of God. The Book of Mormon is indeed Another Testament of Jesus Christ. We have a living prophet today, even President Thomas S. Monson.

Blog Archive